TIPS FOR VISITING BRESCIA
Brescia is an internationally recognized area, rich in history, culture, beautiful sceneries, traditions and flavors. Its territory meets different tastes.
The town historical center stands out for the beauty of its monuments and art, thanks in particular to its Roman archaeological finds, the Santa Giulia Museum and the Castle, which is located on the Colle Cidneo.
The province of Brescia also offers a lot of attractions for its turists:
– Vineyards and wines in Franciacorta, Valtenesi, and in the areas of the Garda Lake and Lugana;
– the Italian Vittoriale, the citadel of the poet Gabriele d’Annunzio in Gardone Riviera;
– the beautiful and romantic views of Garda Lake and Iseo Lake;
– sports on Idro Lake;
– petroglyphs in Vallecamonica;
– climbing, biking and hiking trails for mountain lovers, to reach the top of the Presena glacier;
– golf, sailing and windsurfing and ferry routes for outdoor enthusiasts;
– Autodromo Franciacorta and the kart track in Lonato for car passion lovers, (in the homeland of the Mille Miglia);
– relax and comfort in the numerous and exclusive spas.
During BIE 2017, the Mille Miglia competition will take place . It is considered “the most beautiful race in the world“. The thirty-fifth revival of the Mille Miglia will be held from Thursday 19 to Sunday 22 May 2016. The event, as its tradition, is scheduled a week before the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco. Remaining faithful to a tradition that dates back to 1927, the race will start and finish in Brescia, crossing half of Italy, before and after it touches on Rome.
For more information: http://www.1000miglia.it/index-en.php
To discover the tourist offer of the territory, see the major websites:
Brescia Tourism: http://www.bresciatourism.it/en/
Itinerari Brescia: http://itineraribrescia.it/ (only in Italian)
Visit Garda: http://www.visitgarda.com/en/garda_lake/
Ente vini bresciani: http://www.entevinibresciani.it/ (only in Italian)
La Strada dei Vini e dei Sapori del Garda: http://www.stradadeivini.it/ (only in Italian)
Brescia a Tavola: http://www.bresciaatavola.it/en-US
Itown, download the app to live the territory: http://www.itownapp.it/
Brescia events (1): http://agenda.giornaledibrescia.it/agenda/ (only in Italian)
Brescia events (2): http://agenda.comune.brescia.it/ (only in Italian)